Keeping an application landscape manageable is a challenge in itself. Perhaps one of the most important tasks is reserved for integrated testing.
Throughout the entire lifecycle of your applications, we can support you with various test activities, such as technical testing, IT testing, security testing and acceptance testing.
We provide an in-depth description of the requirements that are placed on:
- Setting up the test environment (OTAP)
- Necessary test tools
- Setting up the (test) workspaces
A test environment is often set up based on the Dutch OTAP model. OTAP stands for development, test, acceptance and production
It is important that the test environment must be representative of the production environment, i.e. equivalent in terms of hardware, software and configuration. The environment also consists of processes and test tools, and should be available at all times. Tests should only be performed within this environment.
In order to test the applications, we make use of methods such as the Fagan Inspection. This technique involves the use of teams to track errors throughout the entire process, and is a structured way of working to improve overall levels of quality.
In order to successfully perform a test, we use the following phases:
- Collecting necessary information
- Creating checklists to evaluate the application
- Assessing testability
- Creating a test specification
- Specification of the necessary infrastructure (hardware / software / peripherals / back-end / database / configuration)
- Specification of the application intake
- Setting up a test environment (modifying as necessary)
- Completion & Transfer
- Advising the applicant about the risks of implementing the application in question
- Evaluation of the test process
- Transfer of the application, intakes, test scripts, reports and other documentation for management.
- Delivery of the final report and status update.
In order to carry out the various steps within the testing process, we have professionals with roles within the disciplines shown below.
We can therefore provide you with the following experts:
- Test analyst
- Tester (incl. TMap, Bisl, ASl)
- Test coordinator
- Test consultant
- Test manager
All of our professionals are well-versed in their tasks, responsibilities and competencies. The have in-depth knowledge of and experience with the most common test methods and test tools.
You can always contact us if you have any questions about application testing or the possibilities that ATS Teconomy has to offer. Call 085-5000 100 or fill out the contact form.